I would like to give a brief update of what I have been hearing lately regarding the Xbox Infinity:
* Xbox Infinity will definitely be announced to the public at the 2012 E3 show.
* Xbox Infinity will probably be released "worldwide" simultaneously in North America, Europe, and Japan, just like the Xbox 360. This launch is going to happen in late 2013.
* There are still a few key people at Microsoft who are pulling for a late 2012 launch of Xbox Infinity. If this were to happen, the launch would be exclusively in North America with the European launch taking place in the spring of 2013. I still have no clue what would happen in Japan if this scenario were to take place.
* Microsoft wants to beat the competition to the market. If the Xbox Infinity launches in the fall of 2013, it would have a perfect launch – similar to the Sega Dreamcast. But, Microsoft knows that even if they launched in late 2012 there would still be quite a few good third-party games and the console would sell out (even at an incredibly high price).
* I know that several key people at Microsoft are still pulling for the name of Xbox 365 rather than Xbox Infinity, even though Xbox Infinity is supported by a much larger group of people.
* I can tell you the specifications recently released by several websites are not correct. Although the hardware may in fact be "Six times as powerful as Xbox 360," the GPU is going to be custom for the Xbox Infinity -- regardless of which PC graphics technology it is based off of.